Today we hit the road


Last night we drank in the dorm, different nationalities chatting about their different plans for Nepal. An Australian guy called James listened to my plans to hitch a lift to the far west of the country and spend the next month walking back. People usually laugh at hearing these kind of weird plans, but James barely flinched. I asked as a joke, "you want to come?"- " yeah aright mate!". And that was that. We leave together today from Kathmandu's for a month walking and sharing a tent. I know nothing about him except that he's called James and he's Australian. But his confident, no nonsense response to my big question isn't easy to find, and I'm trusting that. So I've packed my bag with camping gear and I'm having a quick coffee before we head west.

We've no idea what's coming for us in the next month, and there is nothing more exciting and scary than that. 

Comments

Popular Posts